I haven't updated the blog in a while, so I thought I'd check in and let y'all know how things are going...
School - John has started back to school, so we're adjusting our schedules to get used to a "school schedule" again. It's nice this year because it's not a huge change from the summer. While he had to work crazy retail hours last summer, he was given fairly standard Mon - Fri work hours this summer. The adjustment for John will be spending his evening hours studying again; the hard part for me is that my evenings will be lonely again because he'll be off studying at school!
Hobbies - I'm hoping to fill some of that evening time by dabbling in various hobbies. I really want to take advantage of my evenings and be creative -- I know it's a total luxury to be home between 5 and 6:30 pm and not have kids to watch over, homework, etc! This summer I've focused on my patio garden and learning a bit about canning. For the fall I think I'll try to get going on the sewing machine again...
Home - I've made some fun changes around the apartment lately. I tend to re-decorate and re-arrange whenever I feel like things start to feel...static. John thinks that's pretty weird. We moved our little dining room table into the kitchen recently, which has been great. We use it a lot more in the kitchen -- John will sit and work on homework on his laptop and talk to me while I'm making dinner. :) This weekend I decided to turn the old dining room into more of a study (his desk, printer, big map, lots of bookshelves, etc.). We had my desk in there, but it's typically a COMPLETE disaster, so I've instead moved it into our extra bedroom to be more out of sight. The extra bedroom used to be John's "study" but he doesn't ever use it, so I'm taking over! I'll have to post some pictures when I'm finished. Right now our house looks pretty bad because I've been moving furniture from room to room. John asked me about my "mess" and I said he should instead call it my "project -- a mess with a purpose."
Church - Oh, I love our church. We got a new pastor recently and he's really good. I was skeptical because I liked our old pastor (he's still around, just in a more administrative/director type role) and it's always an adjustment to listen to someone new. But he's great, so I'm psyched. I'm also excited about all that we've been learning in our financial group -- it's nice to go through this together so early in our marriage so that we know our priorities are aligned.
Career - My current job is going well -- it's getting really busy! Sometimes I still feel "new," but I've actually been at this job for 6 months! It's not the most exciting job in the whole world, but I really like my co-workers and the work environment. We were talking with some friends last night about work, and it reminded me once again that I am very lucky to work in a place that respects work-life balance. As far as any future career plans...today I officially submitted my application for the MLIS (library) program, so keep your fingers crossed for me. It's a step!
No comments:
Post a Comment