I recently completed the Wilton Method Level One (Cake Basics) class at my local Michael's. A few of my girlfriends from church convinced me to take it with them. It was fun -- I often referred to my class sessions as "finger painting for adults" or "playing with my food" -- but it was definitely a lot of work. I'm not
much of a baker AT ALL, so preparing cupcakes or cakes and multiple batches of icing for the class was quite time-consuming for me. We had a week between each session but of course I procrastinated -- who wants week-old cake? I did have to plan ahead enough to borrow the necessary cake pans from a friend!
But, I learned a LOT in the class and had a good time socializing with the ladies in the class and playing with mixing colors, learning to create flowers, etc. Here are a few pictures of my creations!
Like the cake says and the weather lately has proven: "Welcome, Spring!"
1 comment:
Caroline these are beautiful!! I'm glad you had a great time in your class.
Post a Comment