It's been a hard year and we are facing some uncertainties ahead. That's not a bad thing -- it is a blessing for God to remind me that I am not in control!
We don't know where we will live after John graduates because that will depend on the job or residency he secures. Currently he is set to interview for 5 programs -- 2 of them are in Nashville, 3 are out of the middle TN area. Whether/where the job/residency is will dictate some of our immediate future plans, such as where to live, where I will work, whether we would have leave our amazing church, and especially how -- or if -- I will be able to complete my masters program and additional courses needed for TN state certification.
It's actually kind of exciting -- on days that I don't feel incredibly tired from the past few months, I am thrilled at the unknown, at the chance to start a new chapter together. On the tired days, it is a little overwhelming.
I heard this song today and wanted to post it here so that I remember the truths that it holds. When my heart is tired, it can be very forgetful of God's faithfulness. Gratitude teaches my heart to remember.
Sanctus Real "The Redeemer"
Sometimes I just wanna start over
'Cause everything looks like a wreck
And I need the courage to carry on
'Cause I can’t see what’s ahead
And there are places I’ve wished I could be
Battles I’ve wanted to win
Dreams that have slipped through my hands
I may never be back again
But I’m still a dreamer, a believer
Oh, I lost my faith in so many things
But I still believe in You
'Cause everything looks like a wreck
And I need the courage to carry on
'Cause I can’t see what’s ahead
And there are places I’ve wished I could be
Battles I’ve wanted to win
Dreams that have slipped through my hands
I may never be back again
But I’m still a dreamer, a believer
Oh, I lost my faith in so many things
But I still believe in You
Because You can make anything new
Sometimes I just wish we could say
All the things that are easy to hear
Ignore the injustice we see
And explain every unanswered prayer
But I’d rather speak honestly
And wear a tattered heart on my sleeve
'Cause in the middle of my broken dreams
Redemption is here
And I’m still a dreamer, a believer
Oh, I lost my faith in so many things
But I still believe in You
'Cause You are the answer, the Redeemer
And wear a tattered heart on my sleeve
'Cause in the middle of my broken dreams
Redemption is here
And I’m still a dreamer, a believer
Oh, I lost my faith in so many things
But I still believe in You
'Cause You are the answer, the Redeemer
Oh, I’ve given up on too many things
But I’m not giving up on You
Because You can make anything new
I don’t have every answer in life
But I’m trusting You one day at a time
'Cause You can make a weak heart stay alive
Forever
And this is where heaven and earth collide
I lift my hands, I give my life
This is how my weary heart stays alive
Oh, I’m still a dreamer, still a believer
And You are the answer, the Redeemer
Because You can make anything new
Yeah, You can make anything new
No comments:
Post a Comment