Well, it's time for another Tuesday list.
But first of all, I apologize for being so slack at blogging lately. Let me catch you up. I wrapped up my last day at my job on Friday, 20 June, and then spent the weekend enjoying my friends John and Carrie Beth Candeto's beautiful wedding. That was a great weekend! Their wedding service was a beautiful tribute to the Lord, and the reception was a great celebration! I was so glad that (my) John came into town to be my date for the wedding -- we had so much fun dancing and catching up with Furman friends!
Last week, my mom surprised me with a rather impromptu beach trip for my birthday. We took a short little jaunt down to stay in Folly Beach and also spent part of a day walking through Charleston. My mom used to take us to Folly Beach every year when we were little; she still says that she never feels like it's "summer" until she gets at least a brief beach trip.
This past weekend, my girlfriends threw me a bachelorette party and lingerie shower at The Reserve at Lake Keowee. It was great! My sister-in-law Sara treated us to dinner at the Clubhouse and also arranged for us to stay in a beautiful cottage. We spent most of Saturday at the pool, and then my friends put together a beautiful shower and really fun night.
John also came into town this weekend, and so did my brother Justin and sister-in-law Marie and their kids. John spent time hanging out with my family and watching toddlers while I was enjoying a luxurious stay at The Reserve! He's so great. The reason everyone was in town this weekend was for a cookout shower that my grandmother threw for John and I on Sunday. The food was delicious and it was great to see my extended family on my Mom's side.
It really does feel like summer to me now. I can't believe that the summer was almost halfway over before I realized it had started! I guess that's what happens when you're used to working an office job - there's not much to distinguish the summer from any other season. Now it feels like summer: lots of weddings and parties, a beach trip, fun weekends, a calmer pace than usual during the week, Mom not working, and even a little sleeping in. Most of all, it feels like summer because I'm getting ready to move. All my summers through college involved moving, whether it was just from school to home back to school, or for summer stints in DC and Florida. Summer always feels so transitory, and this one even more so, since I know so much will be changing soon. My name, my home, my job, my state, everything!
In light of how quickly things are approaching, I figured I'd just list the remaining weekends between now and the wedding as my Tuesday "list". I know it's cheating, but this was a pretty long entry anyways.
4 July - I'm going to visit John in TN this weekend, and we're going to Nashville's big Fourth celebration on the river!
12 July - After going to a friend's birthday cookout on Friday night in SC, I will leave early Saturday for a midday cookout in TN. Hopefully by this time we will have an apartment that we can start stashing stuff in or some really good leads to follow up on. This will be my last weekend in TN as a visitor -- the next time I'm there will be to move there indefinitely.
19 July - John is coming to SC this weekend. We'll have more premarital counseling sessions and work on wedding details. I'm hoping we can go to Sliding Rock too. (We also have to get a headcount to the caterer.)
26 July - John is coming to SC this weekend too. We'll wrap up our counseling and he'll hopefully drive a Uhaul truck back home full of furniture for us to use!
2 August - We get married!
I haven't really started to think about the weekends after that...I'm sure they'll be busy too as John and I adjust to school, work, marriage, and new environs!
2 comments:
How in the world are we supposed to steal Jantz away for a bachelor party when all his weekends are booked?!
Don't make us kidnap him, Caroline :).
How in the world are we supposed to steal Jantz away for a bachelor party when all his weekends are booked?!
Don't make us kidnap him, Caroline :).
Post a Comment