Shabby bkgrd Enchanted

16 June 2008

Angelic (-looking) children and other things

We made a LOT of wedding planning progress over the weekend. My cousin Lynsey and I visited the Wedding Festival in Greenville on Thursday evening -- we sampled the food, picked up some coupons and ideas, talked to our florist, and booked a PHOTOGRAPHER (Michael Lamb Photography - his updated website is coming soon). We also saw a hideous "fashion" show complete with obnoxious local emcee's.



On Friday evening, my dad and I went to hear a possible BAND for the reception. They were playing locally at the Poinsett Club - my parents had heard them before. That was fun! On Saturday I decided to book the band, so we're all set. We're just working on a set list for them, and a song list for songs that they will download to play during their breaks. Any suggestions??

Saturday I went over to my grandmother's house and helped her address the wedding INVITATIONS. Many of those are now ready to be sent out this week. I still have a few straggling address that I need, and my mom and I are still having some minor squabbles about the guest list. She thinks that the percentage of attendees for a summer wedding tends to be low, so she wants to over-invite on that probability. I'm more conservative about projections because I'm the one that has to stick to a budget!!

On Sunday I worked some more on invitations, and then headed to an outlet in Gaffney to purchase a FLOWER GIRL DRESS. Oh my goodness, sooooo cute. My mom had found little ivory smocked outfits at an outlet for my two nephews to wear, and this store in Gaffney had the corresponding ivory little girl dress. I am SO excited about seeing my adorable niece in her pretty dress, and my rambunctious nephews looking like little princes (for about 3 minutes, until they go rolling in the dirt somewhere and turn their ivory outfits brown!!).

Lots more to do, but it's nice to check off a few things!!





2 comments:

Vance said...

I finished your 20 questions thing! :)

Also, I have a suggestion for the song list.

You Never Even Called Me (by my name) - David Allen Coe :) :) :) Just think, it would be just you and Jantz in the middle of the circle! :)

Something by Garth Brooks (I know you like country)

Like I Am - Rascal Flatts (I Melt could work too, but I think Like I Am is the better song...very appropriate for a wedding)

How Sweet It Is (to be loved by you) - Marvin Gaye or James Taylor

With This Ring - The Platters (a really good motown/beach musicy song that is very appropriate for a wedding) Give it a listen.

That's all I got for now. I'll get back to you with more. Take a listen to With This Ring if you haven't heard it. I think you'll like it.

marie said...

I love the dress and the outfits for the boys. Thanks for doing all the work for me! :) Hopefully we'll be able to keep them all clean through the wedding. The reception...complete with food should be interesting. ;)