I'm going to my first rec league softball team practice tonight.
Wait, make that my first softball practice ever.
I've never played softball in my life.
I've never played any sport that requires hand-eye coordination, just cross-country and soccer.
[Note: I was a varsity cheerleader for one year in high school. But I don't argue for that stint to be considered a sport. While some cheerleaders do work hard and should be considered true athletes, I was not one of them. I was actually, truth be told, quite terrible. I think my entire role was to look cute, yell loud, and serve as the squad peace-maker among 9 hormonal, body-image-distorted, and just plain mean teenage girls.]
This should be fun, folks.
In other sports news today, I did enter a "pool" on ESPN.com with some friends. Unfortunately I didn't put any money down, but we'll see if I gain any bragging rights! Highly unlikely.
Come to think of it, I didn't get the work pool organized this year. Ooops!
No comments:
Post a Comment