Shabby bkgrd Enchanted

04 March 2008

Tuesday Lists

John suggested that I post a list of some kind every Tuesday. I'm not sure how well I'll do with an "every week" kind of routine, but I'll give it a shot. It may become a monthly, quarterly, or semi-annually posted list entry, depending on how well I take to this blogging fancy o' mine.

Probably anyone who is reading this knows that I recently moved back into my parents' house for a while, due to some highly questionable activities that were going on in my former apartment building. Well, while I was living alone in my apartment, I was too cheap to pay for cable (or internet!), so I used bunny ear antennae to pick up the salt and pepper versions of CBS and the local Fox affiliate. I was completely content with virtually no watchable programs for six months. But, now that I'm back into a home with cable, I have dramatically expanded the list of shows I watch. One of my friends at work and I were discussing this recently. I don't watch any shows religiously -- I don't even know what day each of these shows come on -- but I do enjoy stumbling upon these titles.

Current TV Shows I Like (non-ranked order):

1. Jon & Kate Plus 8 (TLC) - Seriously, this show sucks me in! But I think control-freak Kate can be fairly rude to her long-suffering although somewhat-disinterested husband Jon. Ah, I still love 'em. They have cute kids! [Except Maddy, because she's just plain annoying!]
2. My Big Redneck Wedding (CMT) - How can you not love a show that capitalizes on all the worst Redneck stereotypes? Ha, and the couples are so creative when planning their wedding festivities: mattress-surfing, mud-wrestling, demolition derby driving, pig-hunting, mechanical bull riding, getting married under an arbor of beer cans....This show can't be beat.
3. Kyle XY (ABC Family) - I have no idea what's going on in this show, but I still watch it when I stumble upon it. Seriously, no idea. None. I think I'm gonna have to rent the Season 1 DVDs.
4. Friends or Gilmore Girls reruns - Never get old.
5. Bulging Brides (WE) - I like to watch how stupid the girls are on this show. They buy their wedding dresses 2 sizes too small and then complain about how they can't get into them, despite their 400000000000 calorie "diets" of rich food and alcohol during their pre-wedding showers and events. This show pairs them with a trainer and nutritionist to try to fit in their dresses in 6 weeks.
6. Extreme Makeover Home Edition (ABC?) - I love this show. I'm looking forward to Oprah's Big Give show too.
7. Sex and the City reruns (TBS) - I'm not really crazy about Sex and the City, but it often comes on right when I can't sleep, so I get pulled in. It's good insomnia TV.
8. What Not to Wear (TLC) - I used to be so addicted to this show. The addiction is not as bad anymore, but I do still enjoy it.
9. The Office - Now that I've borrowed the DVDs from my friend Adam, I'm looking forward to actually watching them in real time when the episodes start back.

My old favorites round out the list: History Channel Modern Marvels, the Weather Channel (for the weather, not the shows), cable news shows, CMT when they're actually playing music videos, and most movies on ABC Family or TBS. I will watch game shows and sports if I'm hanging out with other people, but these shows are current my TV "comfort food."

No comments: