Shabby bkgrd Enchanted

03 June 2008

Favorite Movies

It's time for another Tuesday list, folks!

1. You've Got Mail -- This is my all-time comfort-food movie. This is the mac 'n' cheese of all movies. It's the perfect romantic comedy PLUS the heroine owns a bookstore. Can't get better. And I have almost every line memorized.
2. Life Is Beautiful -- I love this movie. It's a beautiful story of family, perserverance, and hope. I don't watch it very often though, because it makes me cry. Schindler's List and Swing Kids are runners-up in the sad movie category.
3. Any film version of the Peter Pan story: Peter Pan, Hook, Finding Neverland, etc...
4. Moulin Rouge
5. Elizabethtown
6. Almost Famous
7. Almost all romantic comedies. My favorites are: When Harry Met Sally, Fever Pitch, The Cutting Edge, Runaway Bride, Chocolat
8. "Lite" fantasy movies: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, the Tolkien movies, the Harry Potter movies, the Matrix movies, fairy-tale type movies such as Shrek, Ella Enchanted, or The Princess Bride
9. Make-over movies: Pretty Woman, Princess Diaries, My Fair Lady, My Big Fat Greek Wedding
10. Inspirational sports-themed movies: Jerry Macguire, Cinderella Man, The Rookie, Sandlot, Miracle, Remember the Titans, Cool Runnings, and Field of Dreams top the list.
11. Old movies and musicals like Casablanca, Camelot, Singin' in the Rain, Gentlemen Prefer Blondes, Guys and Dolls, Meet Me in St. Louis, Grease, Shirley Temple movies such as Little Princess
12. Epic movies: Braveheart, Gladiator, Troy, even Titanic
13. Almost all movies having to do with dancing, including Dirty Dancing (and yes, even Dirty Dancing 2: Havana Nights!), Simply Ballroom, Shag
14. Political "lite" thrillers (if they're not too violent), such as the Bourne series
15. How could I forget? All Austen, Bronte, or Alcott movies!

I don't even really watch that many movies, so I had no idea how hard this would be! I mean, you can't leave off the Back to the Future series...or Three Amigos...or The Breakfast Club...or Eternal Sunshine...or Amelie...or every John Cusack movie ever made...

I've decided that I'm not very good at lists because I don't have very discriminating tastes -- and I love options. So I make very long lists!

No comments: