Shabby bkgrd Enchanted

20 October 2008

Nashville Update

We're doing pretty well up here in Nashville. Our apartment is great and we're starting to connect with a few great people and form some friendships -- although we could definitely use some more friends and contacts here in the city, especially for me! John is enjoying pharmacy school and has met some great people in his program. We're still trying to settle on a church, but we've tried several and we know which ones warrant another visit. We only have 2-3 left on our list to try for the first time. It's very disheartening to visit a church where no one talks to you or even realizes that you are a first-time visitor -- it definitely makes me mourn for lost opportunities to meet visitors when I was at Redeemer! I wish I had been more outgoing to others -- maybe it's just 'karma' that we're not greeted now :)

I started a job a few weeks ago doing marketing for a specialty medical practice. I'm not sure if this job is the best fit for me, so if anyone reads my blog, I would definitely appreciate much prayer on this matter. I feel very lost in this job. It feels very stressful and chaotic to me. I think I would feel a little more grounded here if:

-the office technology actually worked (as in, I could use my computer or send a document to the printer without seeming like an idiot because I don't know their constant 'band-aids' to make a broken system work)
-(related) if I could check my work email at work
-(related) if I had a phone at work so I didn't have to use up my (*precious*valuable*) cell phone minutes
-(related) if I knew enough about technology to fix the strange hosting issues with our website (which would be a valuable marketing resource!)
-if I knew more about marketing or had more experience to build on or a little more direction given
-if I knew more about the Nashville healthcare market or had more relationships to build on
-if the job fit the description a little better (more community outreach and programming, less sales)
-if I had ever wanted to be a pharm rep, because that's essentially what medical marketing is
-it would help if the physicians involved in the practice wanted similar goals out of their overall marketing plan

I think I'll really like the position once I get my feet on the ground a bit. Prayers and suggestions are always appreciated!

No comments: