I want to copy Becca and start posting weekly "Thankful Thursdays" - just listing a few things I'm thankful for every Thursday. I've enjoyed reading these lists on her blog and others, and it always reminds me to live my life in constant gratitude.
Also, we've been working through Colossians lately at church and Col. 3: 15-17 jumped out at me. I'm posting it here from The Message. I'm not usually a huge Message fan, but lately I've enjoyed reading it as a variation. It's nice to hear Bible passages that you hear often -- that become almost rote -- in different words. Makes it sink in differently.
"Let the peace of Christ keep you in tune with each other, in step with each other. None of this going off and doing your own thing. And cultivate thankfulness. Let the Word of Christ—the Message—have the run of the house. Give it plenty of room in your lives. Instruct and direct one another using good common sense. And sing, sing your hearts out to God! Let every detail in your lives—words, actions, whatever—be done in the name of the Master, Jesus, thanking God the Father every step of the way."
I'm thankful for:
1. My wonderful husband, who made me a peanut butter and honey sandwich foldover this morning as I was running late and trying to get out the door.
2. The laugh that I had when I realized (in the work parking lot) that somehow I had gotten sticky honey on the arm of my sunglasses and, hence, down the side of my face! Don't really know how that happened unless I was holding my sunglasses and my foldover in the same hand as I left the house...
3. A job. I'd be thankful for any work in this economy, but I'm especially thankful to be working with encouraging co-workers.
4. The start of the summer. I'm so thankful that John's P2 year is finished. Of course, now he's working 32-40 hour weeks at Walgreens, but that's nothing compared to the hours he put into his spring term. At least when he leaves the WAG he doesn't have to come home and do tons of studying! By the way - he would never brag for himself so I'll brag for him -- he made all A's this past semester- the hardest semester he's ever had (20 semester hours of grad classes) and he made all A's!!
5. My family. I'm going to get to see at least my mom and dad over this Memorial Day weekend and hopefully more relatives. I have the best family in the world.
6. A car that works. My Honda has 224,519 miles on it -- I'm not exaggerating, that is the true and accurate odometer reading -- and ole' Betsy is still going strong *knock on wood*! Although I do need an oil change so we won't be taking my car to SC this time.
7. A great local public library!
No comments:
Post a Comment