Shabby bkgrd Enchanted

17 June 2010

Another Thankful Thursday!

Today I am thankful for:

1. the BEACH
2. the BREEZE
3. the SEAFOOD
4. the generosity of my FATHER-IN-LAW for making this trip to the beach possible!

As you can tell from my list, John and I are enjoying a short vacation at Orange Beach, Alabama.  We haven't really seen any oil here -- there is a dark sheen on the water very far out (that I assume must be oil), but nothing in the water close to shore.  The only indicators that something is wrong at this beach is the lack of people and the line of boats "protecting" the beach and working on oil recovery efforts that are right along the horizon when you look out at the ocean.

I've never been to this beach before and I really like it.  It is very quiet and calm at the beach and the pool  (especially because it's so empty of tourists right now!), but there is an area about 10 miles away with great restaurants, activities, etc.  We've tacked ourselves on to John's dad's vacation this year.  Bob and Jamie rented a large condo and invited all their kids to come down with them.  It's definitely a full-house, but fun!

John and I are so grateful for a vacation!

No comments: