It feels like Monday came too quickly!
John and I both worked full days Friday, then packed the car and headed to Winston-Salem, NC to attend our dear friend Molly's wedding. It's about an 8 hour trip, so we actually split up the drive and spent Friday night in a small town past Knoxville (Dandridge, maybe?). On Saturday we finished up the trip and enjoyed Molly's lovely wedding and reception. It was so fun to celebrate with her -- she was absolutely beaming with happiness! Just glowing. It was great!
Sunday we made the trip back, and then had a lazy night at home. We cooked dinner, did laundry, and had John's friend Jake over to hang out. John and Jake played video games while I read more about the care and keeping of herbs -- I'm pretty obsessed! I had so much fun experimenting with herbs in our pasta for dinner (I tried to take a picture but my camera wouldn't work). I didn't grow up with an herb garden or a vegetable garden (that's next!), but I do remember helping my grandmother, Nanoo, with her garden several seasons. My "help" was mainly limited to picking weeds and watering, so learning about the life cycle, family/genus, and care of plants is all new to me. I told Nanoo that I was getting into it and that one day I hope to have a garden and also learn to can and preserve fruits and veggies, and she said that I had "farming in my blood" and that it was the "Huff coming out in me." Of course, she's a pro -- she raised 5 kids, plenty of veggies, and thousands of chickens on her farm back in the day! :) Thumbs up: Nanoo, home gardening, and the way things used to be.
We were gone last weekend for Memorial Day and then both had very busy work weeks, so it's really nice to be home again. It kind of feels like we haven't been to church in ages. June is a busy month for us! We still have to squeeze in a quick trip to Atlanta to see baseball and a trip to the beach! It's a lot of driving -- and, unfortunately, a lot of eating quick fast food meals on the road. :( Thumbs down: Modern lifestyle (on the road) with modern fast food.
We don't have a lot going on this week -- so hopefully that means I will finally get some more pictures on here!
No comments:
Post a Comment