Shabby bkgrd Enchanted

18 April 2008

Another boring wedding update - Sorry!

We got a preacher!
Wooo-hooo!
I'm excited because A) I think Grant will do an awesome job and he and his wife like to walk couples through the pre-marital counseling together, which will be cool, and B) I don't have to change the wedding date and therefore lose my deposit at the reception venue. So as far as other things go...

Date - Set.
Time - TBD.
Reception location - Set.
Preacher - Set. Yay!
Church - Apparently our original application to use the church WAS approved, but now they need to revisit it because of the pastor change.
Bridal party - I've set my list, but I haven't asked everyone yet.
Attire - Purchased my dress! Now I need to work on bridesmaids dresses.
Guest list - STILL a terrible and awful thing.
Wedding website - Not sure if we're going to have one or not. If John or I don't set one up fairly soon then it's highly unlikely.
Save the dates - We won't have any. One less thing to think about. We've told most family and out of town guests the date already, and I've plastered it on my Facebook page!
Accomodations - Need to work on blocking hotel rooms.
Caterer - Set. Will think of food choices later.
Cake - Still sampling cakes and meeting cake ladies. Yummy....but I think I ticked one cake lady off - oops!
Photos - Still going through portfolios of recommended photogs.
Reception decor - Will think about this later.
Florist - Will think about this later.
Invitations - Will work on this later - but soon since they'll need to be in the mail at the start of June!
Ceremony music - Justin and Marianne are going to provide music. Still need to email my old Celtic harp instructor to see if he'd play (if he's in my budget).
Reception music - Still checking out options.

As always, if anyone has vendor recommendations, please suggest them to me!

No comments: